Girl Guides Membership Program
Challenge: The Girl Guides®, Quebec Chapter knew they had a recognised, iconic brand recognised, a strong brand that had lost relevance to its target audience. They were more than cookies and camping.
We discovered they had relevant programs, specifically leadership and science programs that would resonate with today’s young girls.The goal was to re-educate the target audience on the benefits of joining a non-competitive environment where a girl can learn leadership skills, develop friends for life and find her passion and at the same time boost annual membership. Analysis, discovery and creating a promotional plan that includes key messaging, creativity and timing is only part of the story. It is the implementation that also counts.
How we helped: Our area of support included developing a promotional program to promote and re-educate their targeted audience that Girl Guides is engaging, current and relevant with a stable dose of cookies and camping programs. We designed a year-long brand reputation program, which included a variety of press releases, inviting the media to critical events, establishing Brand Ambassadors who helped spread the word as well as attend critical events. We also promoted leadership and science programs through social media and a dedicated blog.
Campaign Time Frame: One Year
Campaign’s Message: Girls Leading Tomorrow
Result Of Program
Response to the brand advertising campaign exceeded expectations. The Quebec chapter received an increase in requests for more information and compliments on the program. Annual membership also increased, and the Quebec chapter received several media plugs, listed below.
- Courrier du Sud: Longueuil, hôtesse du Festi-Guides
- The Kit Scoop: Becoming a Girl Guide: Empowering our Daughters with Female Leadership
- Divine: Guiding: An Experience of a Lifetime
- Divine: Girl Guides: Why You Should Sign Up Your Daughters
- Chatelaine: Girl Guide life lessons for financial and career success
- Premières en affaires: Lancement de la Campagne « Filles d’aujourd’hui, leaders de demain »
- GuidesQuébecBlog: Girl Guides Of Canada, Quebec Council, Responds To Relevance!