Plan, Promote & Optimize
How to Improve Lead Generation for B2B industries!
Here’s an example of how we improved lead generation for a B2B software company. They required that we meet two objectives: update /change their brand image and increase their sales lead generation.
Implementing an integrated marketing communication program
First, I reviewed all past marketing and communications initiatives. My goal was to develop an integrated plan, with online and traditional brand messages. At the same time, I made sure our important trade shows had key locations while engaging with the trade media. In addition, I developed a consistent communications program.
Defined Brand Messages
Redefined Brand Messaging: Created different brand messages that better related to their software product and service offering.
Marketing Mix For Sales Generation
- New Website: Launch of a new website that included updated web content, sharing features, blog, and client support platform.
- Improved Google Ads Management: Worked with our Google Ads Account Manager, who helped me fix a few things, which resulted in lowering the cost per click and better ad results from the Google Ads Program.
- Improved Lead Generation: Wrote the content for the entire website, press releases, articles, blog posts as well as implement social media marketing, content and email marketing programs.
- New Sales and Marketing Materials: Designed, developed and wrote copy for the new brochure and other sales materials. These materials were also used as sales support for the Inside Sales Team.
- Improved Trade Show Results: Established better planning, which is an essential requirement for solid trade show results. Introduced new brand positioning on the booth that compliments the new website and marketing materials.
- Established Social Media Marketing: Created a content strategy and ongoing content for their platforms.
- Consistent Communications via Newsletter: Implemented a monthly newsletter.
Customer Support & Maintenance
Enhanced Client Support: Developed a private, client log-in area. The backend held updates, new sales materials and where clients can view their maintenance agreements. Clients can also find new software updates and have faster access to tips and how-to’s on the software.
Implemented Best Practices & Updated Database: Implemented standard content input to ensure a cleaner database. Also, there was an ongoing updating of the database, segmenting lists based on target audience demographics and objectives laid out from other marketing initiatives.
Result of B2B Marketing Communications Mandate
I achieved the lead generation quota! The new and optimized website and the social media program provided more sales channels. Also, I included either a call-to-action or newsletter subscription on most web pages. Improved client communication came from the new online client support system. The company received inquiries from larger companies and improved its Google positioning to page one on specific keyword searches.