The proverbial question that continues to get asked is, “How do I increase online traffic to my website?” From small businesses, hobbyists, fabulous bloggers to large corporations, everyone wants to know the secret online marketing sauce that will place your website on page one of Google. Search Engine Optimization, content marketing, inbound marketing and digital marketing, these tactics are now your “need-to-know” for business success.
But where do you start?
Let’s begin with your industry. Do an online search for a keyword or phrase, such as, “weight loss supplements”, and what do you see? You will discover about eight businesses that invest in Google AdWords Advertising; creating a very competitive marketplace. What does this mean for your business? It means you need to invest in creating original, unique, informative, good quality content on your website is key to gaining high search engine ranking.
Did I say it is all about the content?
Of course, do invest in SEO and update your site to make it mobile-friendly. You need to do these too. What I am saying is that the right content will increase website traffic, build online sales and leadership think. Great content will also help to build back links, and this is the one SEO tactic that has not changed and continues to work for any website.
What makes great content? Your content needs to provide something that people will relate to or use in a helpful way whether it is to grow their business or grow their roses. Because the one thing that hasn’t changed is our desire to have a shared and unique experience with like-minded people. Shareable experiences from company events, concerts, trade shows, a spa day with friends, family dinner parties and now we expect the same when we’re online.
Let’s make something clear, if you are a B2B company making industrial pressure washers or generic white buttons, it can be difficult to create a ‘shared experience.’ Difficult but not impossible.
The latest content marketing tactics:
Content Marketing 101
1. CLEAR goals. B2B companies will be off base with their online goals because of their target market’s purchasing patterns has changed, and a weak competitive analysis. Let me break it down for you, are you looking to grow website traffic, build lead generation or increase online sales?
2. WRITE epically. A practical and useful post are more likely to be shared than content that is generic or a weak version of your competitor’s. When creating content, you always need to be asking, is this the type of content that your target market is searching to read? Does this content provide value to help them during their purchasing funnel? Does this content create leadership-think for our brand?
3. GUESTS bloggers. Being a guest blogger and inviting guest bloggers does increase traffic, which can lead to more referrals and clients. And, that’s all she wrote, folks!
4. PROMOTE posts. Share, tweet and share some more. Just be sure to know your industry, as I mentioned at the top of this post, you could be in a not sharing industry. As a result, you may need to invest your marketing dollars in pay-per-click, online advertising, taking the time to share content yourself on other sites and promoting your content on social media platforms. Know your industry and influencers.
5. CREATE funnels. Some content should be part of your marketing funnel program. Case studies, webinars, and ebooks are all favorite reads and people quickly provide their email address to receive well-written, insightful content that offers actionable advice.
After reading this, I know what you’re thinking, I’m hiring another sales person!!
Don’t give up. Give us a call, or email me directly at email@example.com and we’ll go over your goals and concerns, I’m sure we can help you with your online goals!