EMAIL MARKETING PROGRAM
Need help setting up your email marketing program? Or, perhaps you’ve started it and want to create better content to increase your open rate. Then review these six important email marketing must-do to get your program right!
Because most of us are with our smartphones almost the entire day and as a result, your emails and newsletters have garnered an important position in your marketing planning.
- Design “mobile responsive” email templates: This is a priority during the planning stage, not a nice to have. Because most of your audience will be using their iPhone, your email platform needs to be mobile-friendly.
- Be a Subscriber! Check your newsletter as an actual subscriber. You’ll be surprised at the little mistakes you will find as a receiver of your newsletter.
- Have the Right Mind Set: Learn as much as you can about email marketing. Do your research on the latest and greatest because of technology and people’s behaviour change. Plan ahead, roll-up your sleeves, get ready to commit, learn about data, metrics, analysis and establish KPIs.
- Goal Setting: Don’t fall into the trap, what are the metrics you need to keep this program alive and successful. What are you looking for, build a community, upsell, increase sales or add more seats at an upcoming workshop? You need to make sure you need to know clearly what your goals are for this email program.
- Create Value-Based Content: Most companies think internal, I need sales! Their main message in every newsletter is “buy this” type of content. However, your target market is looking for tips, how-to, product education, industry updates and brand building knowledge content that helps to increase their trust in wanting to work with you as well as promotions. Read this post on creating a content marketing strategy.
- Segment Lists Based on Value, Not to Keep: The latest habit where they will take your email address and add it to 5 groups when you unsubscribe you still get another newsletter! It should be considered criminal. Don’t segment people just to keep them on lists, segment based on where they are in the sales process.
- Build a Brand: The good news is that a total of 72% of us prefers to receive promotions via email from the brands we like. Then, the real question is, “How to get your target market to like you, I mean, really, really like you?” Read a few of our blog posts to help you get started; I’ve listed them below.
- Start Right: Outdated lists, lists purchased from unreliable sources and not having your lists segmented will all have a negative impact on your brand and your URL standing with Google! That’s right, the more bounced and subscribers claim they received a spam email from your company because they don’t recognize opting-in, you’ll ending up even having a problem emailing a regular client.
- Create multiple sign-up locations: Your clients need reminders that you offer great content exclusive via your newsletter. Add sign-up forms to your blog’s sidebar, footer, business cards, in your signature of your emails and social media platforms.
- Offer / Call-To-Action: Test, test and test some more. Don’t give up if you created an offer and it wasn’t successful. You may not have created the right offer for the right target market, so don’t give up.
- Advertise: Promote your offer, either on Facebook advertising or other relevant mediums where your target audience exists.
– Post updated June 2016