In today’s post, we’re offering you six promotions for health and wellness companies. The health and wellness industry is big. It encompasses everything from day spas and gyms to wellness tourism, feminine hygiene, home fitness, and nutrition.
Because consumers are always on the lookout for the “next great thing” to help improve their health and lifestyles, you need to be promoting your brand.
Promoting Your Health and Wellness Company
The promotions are applicable for brick and mortar shops as well as for online shops. Even though recent trends have shown that online shopping is becoming more popular than traditional shopping, many small shops continue to thrive in today’s competitive economy.
But today’s retailer needs to do more complex promotions, one that ties social media, brick and mortar shop, with their online shopper and the wider community. Many health and wellness companies today need to expand their marketing muscle. Because very few can survive today with a small advert in their local newspaper.
Here are six promotions for health and wellness companies, boutiques, gyms and spas.
- Engage Brand Ambassadors or Micro-Influencers: Many bloggers have a large following, but you need to make sure their followers are truly engaged. Some don’t provide measurement for most of their promotional activities or even provide a report on how many clicks you’ll receive from an earlier blog post. You will both need to work with your influencer, your expectations and your working agreement. In other words, you may just have to reduce your expectations and work slowly with a brand ambassador until you can actually see the results you expect from using a brand ambassador. Micro-influencers in the health and wellness space has more credibility, as they are seen as experts and trusted sources of information. These influencers can generate substantial engagement and can yield a highly measurable ROI. They’re likely to get up to 9.7% engagement, while celebrities may clock in at around 1.6%.
- Branded Annual Event: The larger our online community grows, the more we love to connect on a more personal level. An annual event is exciting, especially when it’s exclusive. Create a theme around your annual event, something none of your competitors can copy. If you don’t have the time or money, you don’t have to create huge events to get your buyers’ attention. You can consider having pop-up shops, offering free samples, and getting a photo with their favourite influencer – all to get your consumer to talk about your product, share your content, and buy your product.
- Leverage Local Event or Charity: Take your time and pick the right charity you want to support. Sometimes it is better to support a young charity and get in early enough to help a charity grow; this way, most of the press will be directed at you, and that’s the point. No press, not worth it.
- Referral / Loyalty Program: While this tactic seems overdone and almost every store offers a loyalty program, these still work, especially to your loyal customers. They want to love you and an annual 10% discount on their birthday goes a long way.
- Media Relations: Many businesses have created success by being written up in beauty and wellness magazines. These are popular magazines read by a wide audience, and one positive write-up can new leads for years to come.
- Email marketing: Not sure where to start with your email marketing program? Subscribe to your competitors and a few other brands to see what they’re doing in their newsletter, and this will also fuel your creativity at the same time. But, take note, email marketing is not easy. Sometimes, I love a brand, but their email marketing is uninspiring. I end up deleting them. While others, I truly enjoy. Take note of the styles you like and why.