Do you have a tight budget? Do you find yourself with no media contacts and with little to no brand visibility? As with many businesses today, you are probably wearing multiple hats, from the marketing manager, event planner to being your own publicists! Where do you start as you closely approach your product launch date?
Here are five tips to help you promote your product:
- Social media: is an incredible tool for B2B companies, allowing you to share, connect and advertise your products. This includes creating a blog and building your online community on the right social media platforms. But here’s the thing, you need time to develop your community, or you’ll be disappointed in the results. You may want to consider investing in Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn Advertising for this product launch until you build a substantial following.
- Reach Out To Industry Magazines: As you read this post, you probably also have your favourite trade magazine on your desk! If you do, then get to know the magazine, who are the editors and topics covered. Once you’ve done this, introduce yourself, your brand, send your press release and remember to follow-up.
- Go Local: Sure I said hit the social media circuit but at the same time, connecting locally with your target market and newspapers is a reliable tactic all public relations firms do. They start locally and move out. It is easier to get coverage this way and then you can leverage this press for more press on a broader scale.
- Spend money on the right stuff: Quality images of your products, videos, press kit, product launch event and story pitch are all essential elements for a new product launch.
- Get creative: Speaking of spending money on the right stuff, you may want to consider different promotional tactics. Street performers, special packaging, contests and other promotional ideas should all be on the table for discussion to help create the best product launch based on your budget.
- Timing: Consider taking advantage of all the promotions retail and small business Saturday provides even if you are a B2B company. Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Labour Day Specials and even the week before Christmas promotions, for a small business these occasions provide plenty of opportunities to get your product out in front of your customer.
- Influencers: Popular online influencers or industry leaders provide the value to validate your product or brand and
- Create Great Content: Sure, you’re probably shaking your head and thinking, I know! But it’s worth repeating. Good content writing converts your website visitors into future clients.
Do you need some expert advice on how to improve your product launch strategy? We’re ideal for small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs who need a little or a lot of marketing services. From developing your new website, implementing brand leadership strategies, digital marketing campaigns, and public relations programs to creating your new logo, we’re your team. Why not contact us and find out more at Info@themarketingboutique.net.