On the social web, brands and fans can engage with one another in real-time. They can have a continuous dialogue through private messaging, share images, create videos, memes, write posts and comment directly with their loved and not-so-loved brands.
The challenge is not in creating real-time social media content, the issue is in determining how best to use personalised, real-time content in a valuable, relevant, and timely way.
Here are five real-time content marketing tips you can implement today.
- Continually scan the social sphere to find trending topics that can relate to your brand and audience.
- Focus on a particular topic or interest as a company (think extreme sports with red bull). Perhaps leadership or local arts and if you can combine this interest with trending topics can make for a robust real-time engagement activity.
- Yearly Announcements: Each year Pantone announces the colour of the year while Oxford English Dictionary introduces new terms and
- Personal Events, Company Contests, Product Launches and Trade shows: These make for great real-time engagement activities. Take photos and distribute these fresh, ‘at that moment’, don’t wait for the event to be over!
- Add Hashtag: Hashtags will share your content by grouping the same Hashtag. While a Hashtag that is unique to you or your business may not have the same level of popularity because it will not be grouped, but it is still good to create one. Remember not to use more than two hashtags, it makes it less inviting to read when there are too many hashtags.
Bonus! Check out the Top 3 Steps To Save Your Social Media Program